NON- Destructive Testing Society (Singapore) has reinitiated the establishment of the Singapore National Aerospace NDT Board (NDTSS/NANDTB). This was announced at the meeting held on 8th August 2017 at Changi Airport Recreation club. NDTSS/NANDTB is an independent national aerospace organization representing the nation’s aerospace industry that is chartered by the participating contractors and recognized by the nation’s regulatory agencies (CAAS) to support NDT qualification and examination services in accordance with EN4179:2017 / NAS 410 Rev4 standard. NDTSS/NANDTB is supported by NDTSS as secretariat for its operation.
NDTSS/NANDTB is also the scheme committee for EN4179:2017 & NAS 410 Rev 4 Certification administered by NDTSS.
The following are the first elected board members during their meeting 16th August 2017. (Term of office 16 August 2017 -15 August 2019)
Name Organization Position
- Grace Liang Sook Fun SIA Engineering Company Ltd Chairperson
- Tay Hang Chua Singapore Aero Engine Services Pte Ltd Vice Chair
- Arthur Lim Hock Beng Singapore Aero Engine Services Pte Ltd Alternate
- Steven Crummack Airbus Singapore Private Limited Member
- Sriram Parasuram Pratt & Whitney Singapore Member
- Ratnavelu Sopalanivelu GE Aviation Engine Services Singapore Pte Ltd Member
- Steven Lee Honeywell Aerospace Singapore Pte Ltd Member
- Tan Poh Huat Honeywell Aerospace Singapore Pte Ltd Alternate
- Joshua K. Vanu ST Aerospace Engineering Pte Ltd Member
- Jason Lim ST Aerospace Services Company Pte Ltd Member
- Ong Hoe Soon ST Aerospace Services Company Pte Ltd Alternate
- Hendrich Lim Rolls-Royce Singapore Pte Ltd Member
- Chu Pao Hua SAFRAN Landing Gear Systems Pte Ltd Member
- Mehideen Salim SAFRAN Landing Gear Systems Pte Ltd Alternate
- Dickson Tan Pratt & Whitney Canada (SEA) Pte Ltd Member
- Sze Thiam Siong Setsco Services Pte Ltd Co-opted
- Charlie Toh G-Mech Services Pte Ltd Co-opted
- Eugene Ng Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore Observer
- Wong Chew Wah Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore Observer
- Dr Babu Sajeesh Kumar Non-Destructive Testing Society (Singapore). Secretary
NDTSS/NANDTB Board Roles
- Approval and promulgation of guidelines for employers implementing EN 4179 & or NAS 410
- Approval of outside agencies providing training and examinations to EN 4179 /NAS 410 criteria
- Provide compliance assessments
- Act as Scheme Committee for EN 4179 aerospace qualification
- Provide a mechanism for interpretation, adjudication and arbitration in cases of dispute regarding the implementation of certification standards
- Maintain an overview of the approval of outside agencies and validation of training courses
- Consider and make recommendations on the acceptance of third party certification as meeting the qualification criteria of EN 4179/NAS 410
Operation of the Board
- The Board shall regulate and control the implementation of employer based NDT personnel training and certification documents within the Singapore aerospace industry.
- Formulate the policy framework for any scheme that it establishes.
- Maintain oversight of the finances of any schemes which it may cause to be implemented, and approve the methods and levels of any charges in connection thereof;
- Have the authority to set up working groups and committees, establish their terms of reference and set out the procedures whereby they report to the Board.
- Neither the Board, its Chairperson, individual members, the bodies they represent, nor any working party or sub-committee appointed by the Board shall carry any financial liability for any scheme(s) operated for the Board, or be liable for any damages resulting, or claimed to have resulted, from decisions of personnel implementing the scheme(s), or for any consequential loss arising out of the operation of the scheme(s).
Ms. Grace Liang (Email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Membership for Corporate – Aerospace
Mr. Jayesh Bhatt (Email: email@example.com)