NON- Destructive Testing Society (Singapore) has reinitiated the establishment of the Singapore National Aerospace NDT Board (NDTSS/NANDTB). This was announced at the meeting held on 8th August 2017 at Changi Airport Recreation club. NDTSS/NANDTB is an independent national aerospace organization representing the nation’s aerospace industry that is chartered by the participating contractors and recognized by the nation’s regulatory agencies (CAAS) to support NDT qualification and examination services in accordance with EN4179:2017 / NAS 410 Rev5 standard. NDTSS/NANDTB is supported by NDTSS as secretariat for its operation.
NDTSS/NANDTB is also the scheme committee for EN4179:2017 & NAS 410 Rev 5 Certification administered by NDTSS.
The following are the elected board members during the meeting in 15 November 2021. (Term of office August 2021 -August 2023)
|1.||Ratnavelu Palanivelu||Singapore Aero Engine Services Pte Ltd||Chairperson|
|2||Grace Liang Sook Fun||SIA Engineering Company Ltd||Vice Chair|
|3||Tay Hang Chua||Singapore Aero Engine Services Pte Ltd||Treasurer|
|4||Mannan Ramamoorthy||GE Aviation, Engine Services-Singapore||Member|
|Arthur Lim Hock Peng||GE Aviation, Engine Services-Singapore||Alternate|
|5||Joshua K. Vanu||ST Engineering Defence Aviation Services Pte Ltd||Member|
|6||Sriram Parasuram||Pratt & Whitney Singapore||Member|
|7||Steven Lee||Honeywell Aerospace Singapore Pte Ltd||Member|
|Tan Poh Huat||Honeywell Aerospace Singapore Pte Ltd||Alternate|
|8||Jason Lim||ST Engineering Aerospace Services Company Pte Ltd||Member|
|Ong Hoe Soon||ST Engineering Aerospace Services Company Pte Ltd||Alternate|
|9||Arween Perez||Rolls-Royce Singapore Pte Ltd||Member|
|10||Chu Pao Hua||SAFRAN Landing Gear Systems Pte Ltd||Member|
|Mehideen Salim||SAFRAN Landing Gear Systems Pte Ltd||Alternate|
|11||Dickson Tan||Pratt & Whitney Canada (SEA) Pte Ltd||Member|
|12||Sze Thiam Siong||Setsco Services Pte Ltd||Co-opted|
|Yusoof Aynuddin||Setsco Services Pte Ltd||Alternate|
|13||Charlie Toh||G Mech Services Pte Ltd||Co-opted|
|14||Geoff Brett||South West School of NDT Pte Ltd||Co-opted|
|15||William Ho Chee Hwee||Testia Asia Pacific Pte Ltd||Co-opted|
|Maxime Bellocq||Testia Asia Pacific Pte Ltd||Alternate|
|16||Eugene Ng||Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore||Observer|
|Wong Chew Wah||Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore||Observer|
|17||Dr Babu Sajeesh Kumar||Non-Destructive Testing Society of Singapore||Secretary|
NDTSS/NANDTB Board Roles
- Approval and promulgation of guidelines for employers implementing EN 4179 & or NAS 410
- Approval of outside agencies providing training and examinations to EN 4179 /NAS 410 criteria
- Provide compliance assessments
- Act as Scheme Committee for EN 4179 aerospace qualification
- Provide a mechanism for interpretation, adjudication and arbitration in cases of dispute regarding the implementation of certification standards
- Maintain an overview of the approval of outside agencies and validation of training courses
- Consider and make recommendations on the acceptance of third party certification as meeting the qualification criteria of EN 4179/NAS 410
Operation of the Board
- The Board shall regulate and control the implementation of employer based NDT personnel training and certification documents within the Singapore aerospace industry.
- Formulate the policy framework for any scheme that it establishes.
- Maintain oversight of the finances of any schemes which it may cause to be implemented, and approve the methods and levels of any charges in connection thereof;
- Have the authority to set up working groups and committees, establish their terms of reference and set out the procedures whereby they report to the Board.
- Neither the Board, its Chairperson, individual members, the bodies they represent, nor any working party or sub-committee appointed by the Board shall carry any financial liability for any scheme(s) operated for the Board, or be liable for any damages resulting, or claimed to have resulted, from decisions of personnel implementing the scheme(s), or for any consequential loss arising out of the operation of the scheme(s).
Mr Ratnavelu Palanivelu (Email : Ratnavelu.email@example.com)
Membership for Corporate – Aerospace
Mr. M. S. Vetriselvan (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)