NON- Destructive Testing Society (Singapore) has reinitiated the establishment of the Singapore National Aerospace NDT Board (SNANDTB). This was announced at the meeting held on 8th August 2017 at Changi Airport Recreation club. SNANDTB is an independent national aerospace organization representing the nation’s aerospace industry that is chartered by the participating contractors and recognized by the nation’s regulatory agencies (CAAS) to support NDT qualification and examination services in accordance with EN4179:2017 / NAS 410 Rev4 standard. SNANDTB is supported by NDTSS as secretariat for its operation. SNANDTB is also the scheme committee for EN4179:2017 & NAS 410 Rev 4 Certification administered by NDTSS.
The following are the first elected board members during their meeting 16th August 2017. (Term of office 16 August 2017 -15 August 2019)
Name Position Organization
- Ms. Grace Liang Chairperson SIA Engineering Company Ltd
- Mr. Tay Hang Chua Vice Chairman Singapore Aero Engine Services Private Limited
- Mr. Arthur Lim Alt.Board Member Singapore Aero Engine Services Private Limited
- Mr. Heinrich Lim Board Member Rolls – Royce Singapore Pte ltd
- Mr. Dickson Tan Board Member Pratt & Whitney Canada (SEA) Limited
- Mr. Ratnavelu Board Member GE Aviation
- Mr. Steven Lee Board Member Honeywell Aerospace Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Mr. Tan Poh Huat Alt. Board Member Honeywell Aerospace Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Mr. Vanu Board Member ST Aerospace Engineering Pte Ltd
- Mr. Jason Lim Board Member ST Aerospace Services Company Pte Ltd
- Mr. Ong Hoe Soon Alt. Board Member ST Aerospace Services Company Pte Ltd
- Mr. Chu Pao Hua Board Member SAFRAN
- Mr. Salim Alt. Board Member SAFRAN
- Mr. Steven Crummack Board Member Testia
- Mr. Sriram Parasuram Board Member Pratt & Whitney
- Mr. Sze Thiam Siong Co-opted Board Member Setsco Services Pte Ltd
- Mr. Charlie Toh Co-opted Board Member G Mech Services Pte Ltd
- Mr. Geof Brett Co-opted Board Member South West School of NDT
- Mr. Wong Chew Wah Observer Civil Aviation Authority Singapore
- Mr. Jonathan Lee Observer Civil Aviation Authority Singapore
- Mr. Babu Sajeesh Kumar Observer Non- Destructive Testing Society (Singapore)
SNANDTB Board Roles
- Approval and promulgation of guidelines for employers implementing EN 4179 & or NAS 410
- Approval of outside agencies providing training and examinations to EN 4179 /NAS 410 criteria
- Provide compliance assessments
- Act as Scheme Committee for EN 4179 aerospace qualification
- Provide a mechanism for interpretation, adjudication and arbitration in cases of dispute regarding the implementation of certification standards
- Maintain an overview of the approval of outside agencies and validation of training courses
- Consider and make recommendations on the acceptance of third party certification as meeting the qualification criteria of EN 4179/NAS 410
Operation of the Board
- The Board shall regulate and control the implementation of employer based NDT personnel training and certification documents within the Singapore aerospace industry.
- Formulate the policy framework for any scheme that it establishes.
- Maintain oversight of the finances of any schemes which it may cause to be implemented, and approve the methods and levels of any charges in connection thereof;
- Have the authority to set up working groups and committees, establish their terms of reference and set out the procedures whereby they report to the Board.
- Neither the Board, its Chairperson, individual members, the bodies they represent, nor any working party or sub-committee appointed by the Board shall carry any financial liability for any scheme(s) operated for the Board, or be liable for any damages resulting, or claimed to have resulted, from decisions of personnel implementing the scheme(s), or for any consequential loss arising out of the operation of the scheme(s).
Ms. Grace Liang ( Email email@example.com)
Membership for Corporate – Aerospace
Mr. Jayesh Bhatt ( Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)